Sunitha Upadrashta is well known popular Playback Singer, Anchor and Dubbing Artist inTelugu Film Industry also known as Tollywood. Singer SUNITHA is a name, a celebrity that enthralls the hearts of millions of youth with her melodious voice. She has been acclaimed as a top-singer winning kudos from stalwarts like Sri S. P. Balasubrahmanyam, M. Balamuralikrishna, Smt. P. Suseela, Smt.S. Janaki, and others. Her continuous, untiring efforts made her to reach heights and she is now regarded as “the much sought-after singer” in the film industry. She is personified as “Three-in-one” with a blend of gifted talents, as a singer, as a dubbing artiste, and as an Anchor to various channels who conduct musical programmes. She has worked as a dubbing artiste in almost 500 films in 8 years.
BornMay 10, 1978 (1978-05-10) (age 32)
OriginGuntur, Andhra Pradesh, India
OccupationsPlayback Singer, Anchor, Dubbing Artist
Sunita was born into a Telugu Brahmin family.Her parents Sri Upadrasta Narasimha Rao and Smt. Sumathi are well known to music lovers at Vijayawada and Guntur. She married at the age of 19. Her husband Kiran works for the media. The couple have two children-one boy (Aakash) and one girl (Shreya).
She has started her Cultural pursuit at a very early age of 3 years and got training in Music from Pemaraju Surya Rao in Karnatic Vocal and Light music from Kalaga Krishna Mohan for 8 years.she won several ‘prizes’ and ‘praises’ in various competitions ranking first and Gold Medals. SUNITHA, at her very young age of 10 years, participated in Tyagaraja Aradhana Utsavalu along with her guru Sri Pemmaraju Surya Rao garu.She entered as a playback singer in Films at her early age of 15 years. Sri Sasi Preetham, a versatile music director has first given her a chance to sing in the film ‘Gulabi’ and her first film song is ‘Ee vela lo Neevu’ written by famous writer, Sirivennela Sitaramasastri This is a humming song to youngsters even to day. Smt Sunitha, from the day of her debut in the film industry, never looked back, and proved herself as a versatile singer ascending film by film and year by year.So far, she worked with great music directors like Ilayaraja, Vidya sagar, M.M. Keeravani, S.V. Krishna Reddy, Koti, Raj, Vandematharam Srinivas, Mani Sharma, Ramana Gogula, S.A. Raj kumar, Sandeep choutha, Micky-J-Mayor, Devisri Prasad, R.P. Patnaik, Chakri, Nihal, Kalyani Malik, Anup, Sunil Kashyap, Saluri Vasu Rao, Madhavapeddi Suresh, Saketha Sairam, bunty etc.… There are so many super hit songs to her credit. She rendered nearly 3000 songs, in
Sunitha has traveled abroad extensively as a Singer and claimed International recognition. She was invited to Telugu Association of North America –TANA in 1999, 2001. For TANA 1999 she was a part of the troop with Nagarjuna, RamyaKrishna and Tabu.Dubbing Artist She has given voice for various artists like Anushka, Asin, Bhoomika, Charmi, Laila, Meera Jasmine, Soundarya, Sonali Bendre, Shriya, Genelia, Sneha, Sada, Katrina Kaif, Trisha, Kamilini Mukherji,etc.sunitha.
Selected Films as dubbing artistManasantha Nuvve (for Tanu rai) Jayam (for sadaf) Nennunanu(for Shriya) Anand(for Kamilini Mukherji) Godavari(for Kamilini Mukherji) Mr & Mrs Sailaja KrishnaMurthy (for Laila)
She anchored many music based programmes and live shows on Gemini TV, MAA TV, ETV and Doordarshan.
As a student, she received First National Award for Folk songs at Delhi, Ministry of Cultural Affairs, Delhi was pleased to sanction scholarship at her very tender age of 8 years.
* National Award from All India Radio under light music category in 1994 at the age of 15 years.
* Nandi Award from State Government of Andhra Pradesh for year 1999 as the Best female
playback singer for TV film “Antha Rangaalu”
* Nandi Award from State Government of Andhra Pradesh for year 2002 as the Best dubbing
artist for the film Jayam
* Nandi Award from State Government of Andhra Pradesh for year 2003 as best female
playback singer for the Movie “Atthade oka Saiynyam”
* Nandi Award from State Government of Andhra Pradesh for year 2004 as best female
dubbing artist for the Movie Anand (Voice of the lead character Rupa)
* Nandi Award from State Government of Andhra Pradesh for year 2006 as best female
playback singer for the movie Godavari
* Vamsi Berkeley Award as Best female playback singer in year 1999.
* Vaartha Vasavi Award as a best playback singer (2000)
* Bharata Muni Award (2000)
* Cine Goers Award for Best Dubbing (2002)
* Dasari Award as a best playback singer (2003)
* Best Playback Singer award from European Telugu Association, London (2003)
* Kalavedika Art Award as an All rounder for excellent performance as a Singer, Anchor and Movie dubbing artist (2003)
* Sangam P Susheela Youth Award honored with Gold Medal (2004)
* Vamsi Berkeley Award as Best female playback singer in year 2005
* Sangam P Susheelawa Youth Award for year 2004 honored with Gold Medal.
* Congratulations to Mrs. Sunitha for bagging the best female play back singer of
tollywood 2010for the song “Hrudaya Vedana” from the film “Aa Intlo’ music scored by sri Koti garu.This award is given by “Radio Mirchi” in a grand function held at Chennai on Saturday 17 July 2010.
* She gave her first performance at age 3.
* She gave her first programme in Light Music in AIR in the year 1995 at the age of 16.
* She has given about 500 programmes so far in AIR, Doordarshan, ETV, Gemini TV, and MAA
* She has also given programmes abroad, at Kuwait, Dubai, Malaysia, Singapore, London,
USA, Philippines etc. where she received kudos from the Telugu speaking people for her
talents both as a singer and anchor.
* she also prove her mettle as a dubbing artiste, lending her voice to the notable, popular heroines of the Telugu Screen and so far 700 films are counted for her dubbing score